I constantly find myself looking for quick and healthy snacks – especially those I can take with me on-the-go.
Breakfast seems to be my biggest struggle. I always reach for the carb-filled cereals or granola bars. While I firmly believe that carbohydrates are NOT the enemy, I prefer to spread them out throughout the day.
Thankfully, PINTEREST is here to help! This incredible database is filled with recipes, tips, and suggestions for clean eating.
Today, I’d like to share a recipe I found on one of my favorite blogs (through the magic of Pinterest, of course). I modified my recipe a bit, but both will keep you full, energized, and jumping out of bed tomorrow for another!
Berry Protein Muffins
Serving Size = 12
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Herbalife Protein Drink Mix)
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar-Free Applesauce
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Craisins
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Use the Coconut Oil to lightly grease a muffin tin (12 cups)
- Pour mixture evenly into each cup
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes
- Place on cooling rack before eating
- Store in an easily accessible place for the week!
I love making foods like this as it’s an easy way to get my protein, good carbs, and fruit in one quick, on-the-go snack. Be sure to add these to your meal prepping routine!